IAC Employment Opportunites
IAC provides a challenging and rewarding environment where individuals can gain experience from industry leaders, and innovate in an exciting field. Our employment opportunities include a wide variety of skilled trades and knowledge work. If you are ready to join our winning team, contact us today!
Are you looking for a rewarding career?
IAC is an engineering, original equipment manufacturer (OEM), Industrial Systems designer and integrator, Engineering, Procurement, & Construction (EPC) contractor, and parts & service supplier specializing in industrial process systems and full plant builds.
Our specialties include air filtration systems such as baghouse dust collectors, air pollution control systems such as dry scrubbers, pneumatic conveying systems, dry bulk material drying and handling systems, transload facilities, capital investment expansions, and full turnkey plant builds from greenfield or brownfield.
As such, we employ a wide variety of professional services, as well as maintenance specialists and construction trades craftsmen. Examples include mechanical engineer, electrical engineer, controls engineer, project manager, accounting, inside sales, outside sales, new business development, marketing, IT, purchasing, maintenance, welder, millwright, carpenter, electrician, steel erector, sheet metal worker, and pipe fitter.
IAC and Adelphi Construction LC are headquartered in Overland Park, KS. We also have remote offices and jobsites across the United States. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Current Employment Opportunities
Lead Electrical Engineer
Job posting date: 2023-02-08
The Lead Electrical Engineer will work across a variety of functional groups that are directly involved in engineering and implementation. Primary responsibility is to develop the necessary electrical design of medium voltage and low voltage electrical systems, electrical installation design, and control system design of assigned projects.
- Knowledge of National Electric Code (NFPA Articles 70, 70E, 79)
- Utilize applicable national and local engineering codes
- Develop and/or review schematics and one-line drawings
- Perform calculations for cable sizing, conduit, and cable tray allowable fill according to NEC.
- Design duct bank, embedded conduit, cable tray, grounding, and lighting systems from concept to completion
- Demonstrated experience in low and medium voltage power distribution, equipment/protective device sizing, and power system studies
- Demonstrated experience with single line diagrams, area classifications, power and control schematics, wiring design, raceway design specific to tray and conduit systems, lighting and grounding design, and electrical installation details
- Prepare electrical equipment specifications and selection of motors, transformers, MCC’s, VFD’s, and UPS systems
- Review specifications, drawings, and vendor equipment documentation from both within the electrical engineering discipline and with other engineering disciplines for compliance with the project requirements
- Participate in project meetings as required.
- Organize, integrate, review, and approve buyout parts and devices
- Organize, develop, and maintain drawings and bills of materials
- Coordinate with project management to ensure compliance with the project schedule
- Communicate with the distributor, customer and end user to manage expectations
- Build project schedules and manage projects from conception to completion
- Host periodic project meetings – internally and externally
- Highly organized, self-motivated, and able to handle multiple project tasks
- Ability to work under the pressure of deadlines, be self-directed, exhibit good business judgment, and the ability to handle confidential information appropriately
- Excellent verbal, written, technical, conceptual, and organizational skills.
- At least a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- AutoCAD Electrical experience preferred.
- Based in the greater Kansas City metro area but able to be away on occasion on both land and air travel assignments
- Conducts work in a professional and safe manner
- Must have a phone and open to callouts
- Able to be certified and willing to wear all types of Personnel Protective Equipment (PPE) for occasional work in hazardous environments
- Legally drive and work in the United States of America
Basic Responsibilities of All Positions:
- Act with integrity and honesty
- Add value to the company
- Work with others as a team
- Communicate effectively
- Offer solutions to problems
- Think creatively, but always use common sense
- Simplify drawings, tasks, procedures, routines, etc. whenever possible
- Be aware of how others are affected by your actions
Job Location: 5200 Metcalf Ave., Suite 100, Overland Park, KS 66202
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other agreed upon responsibilities to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Please send resumes to Careers@iac-intl.com.
For over 30 years Industrial Accessories Company has been designing, fabricating, installing, and maintaining dust collection and pneumatic conveying systems as well as providing over 55,000 direct OEM replacement parts and accessories. For more information visit our web site at iac-intl.com.
As an EPC / Turnkey Industrial Contractor. IAC, in conjunction with our wholly own construction company, Adelphi Construction LC, perform $10 million up to $150 million projects within North America, Latin America, and Mexico.
IAC encourages excellence, seeks out and rewards individual contributions, and provides opportunities for personal and professional development. In addition, IAC offers its employees a complete benefits package.
IAC is an equal opportunity employer. We consider candidates regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, and encourage minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply.